GreenTech Amsterdam kicks off next week with a focus on food security, cutting down on energy usage, public health and “the birth of a fresh food ecosystem.”
The event is bringing horticulture professionals together for three days of learning and networking (13th-15th June) at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre. There, they will be able to increase their understanding of current issues being faced by growers. Three stages, themed around the “connection to sustainable food and flower production”, will feature sessions from a variety of speakers.
On the Vision Stage:
- Tuesday 13 June, 13.00 – 13.45 hrs: ‘Necessity for industrialization in fresh food production. The birth of a fresh food ecosystems’ with Rick Schneiders (Siemens), Tisha Livingston (80 Acres Farms), Sander Baraké (Ridder)
- Tuesday 13 June, 16.30 – 17.15 hrs: ‘Challenges and opportunities to move Vertical Farming Forward’ with Tiffany Tsui (Vertical Farming Institute), Caterina Carpineti (Wageningen University and Research), Laura Bautista Jalon (Delphy), Kilian Kleinschmidt (Entrepreneur and former UNHCR official), Thomas Mohr (DIE ag Real Estate Fund) and Akintoye Akindele (Platform Capital Group)
On the Technology Stage:
- Wednesday 14 June, 11.00 – 11.45 hrs: ‘How to reduce energy usage in your greenhouse’ with Craig Brelsford (Valoya), Paul Arkesteijn (Ludvig Svensson) and Anthanasios Sapounas (TNO)
- Wednesday 14 June, 14.00 – 14.45 hrs: ‘Circular use of limited CO2 in the production process’ moderated by Peter Klapwijk (Nationale Nederlanden/ inthecloud247.com) and in the panel Ilias Tsafaras (Wageningen University and Research), Antje Bulmann (Airbus) and Glyn Stephens (Jones Food Company)
On the Plant Compounds/ Vertical Farming Stage
(Partners: Cultivators, FarmTech Society, Vertical Farming Institute, and Indoor Farming Netherlands):
- Tuesday 13 June, 11.30 – 12.15 hrs: ‘Cultivation research in compounds with latest findings’ by Filip van Noort (Wageningen University and Research), Dominique van Gruisen (Innexo) and Kjell Sneeuw (Cultivators)
- Wednesday 14 June, 15.30 – 16.15 hrs: ‘Update on the Dutch Experiment closed coffeeshop chain’ with Thomas Rau (Cannabisiness) and Maikel van Nieuwkasteele (The Growery)
- Tuesday 13 June, 15.30 – 16.15 hrs: Standardizing the data: ‘Closing the data gap with feasible standards, supporting independent validation, benchmarking for cash flow positive unit economics’ moderated by Francis Baumont De Oliviera (FarmTech Society) and the panel Rick Schneiders (Siemens), Alfons Riek (Festo), Ron Jones (Clayco), Meiny Prins (Priva), Tisha Livingston (80 Acres Farms)
- Wednesday 14 June, 12.15 – 13.00 hrs: Public health – Food security: ‘Endgame for Low Nutritional Food, Breaching Containment CEA and Pharmaceutical Solution’ moderated by Judith Van Heck (Imagro) and in the panel Jan van den Berg (Maastricht University), Kasey Hooper (80 Acres Farms), Thera Rohling (Priva), Steve Graves (Fluence)
More information on the event can be found at: https://www.greentech.nl/amsterdam/.